- Test before installation! When you receive a backlight/LCD kit, you should perform a dry run before installing to assure that nothing has been damaged in transit. A dry run or test fit means the kit is not installed in the shell. This includes the use of adhesives, brackets, and any performed soldering. All ribbon cables should have no bends or creases in them. If you are unsure how to perform a dry run, please contact our support team and we will be happy to help. Backlight kits that have been installed are not eligible for replacement or return.
- LCD may break if put under too much pressure or dropped. Please exercise extreme caution when installing.
- Damage to console or LCD may occur if you do not trim the cartridge port pins. Exercise caution when trimming pins, wear eye protection to protect from pin debris when cutting the metal. Damage caused by these pins are not covered under our return or exchange policy.
**This installation guide is the same for both the Unbranded Version and the Cloud Version**
- Video: YouTube - Game Boy Color TFT LCD kit *Video mentions removing a 'protective cover' from the LCD. Currently there is NO film/protective cover on these LCD's. Please do not attempt to remove anything off the LCD as there is a polarizer on it that seems like a protective cover. If it looks like there is a protective cover, it will be an extremely thin and flimsy film covering the whole LCD. If you are unsure, please message firstname.lastname@example.org before trying to remove anything.
- Illustrated: https://spark.adobe.com/page/Gl7H2Zg1XlM4R/
**The Cloud Version will have a similar setup but note the touch sensor will be on the opposite side versus the Unbranded. See Image Below**